Friday, August 8, 2008

Murphy's Law

"There's nothing worse than that feeling you get waiting for the bottom to drop out..."

Murphy's law


Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states "if anything can go wrong, it will." It is also cited as: "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way"; "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong"; or, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way". The saying is sometimes referred to as Sod's law or Finagle's law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy
more specific, reputable information upon Murphy's law can be found at the following site: http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-laws.html

So people always talk about the phenomenon of Murphy's law about how when one thing sort of falls apart everything else follows in suit. It makes sense when you look at the physics behind it. A lot of time when things implode or fall apart it's been building to that point for some time. Many times we can even see the red flags and anticipate the destruction before it even happens. Othertimes when we aren't present enough or aware to see what precludes it, the impact of something terrible happening is so great that we often fail to respond in a manner that will allow us to cushion the blow thereby impacting other area of our lives as well.
If we're not careful, we may find ourselves faltering to get our bearings for a very long time as if stuck in a ripple effect of negative or disruptive energy. If we are smart or keen, however, then we can minimize the effects by purposefully and deliberately setting an intention or committing an action so as to contradict this negative energy so that we can reclaim our direction and not get too side tracked. This is how I am taking control of my own life [believe it or not].



One of the best things that could have happened to me was that I got sidetracked by some of the intense challenges that I've faced in my life. There was even a time when I was sure that they broke me, but [as the oracle says] "here I am, at it again"...

Anyhow, I've been trying to really work hard at contradicting Murphy's Law by contradicting those patterns by making sure that my sense of awareness is heightened about the type of energy I'm exerting as well as the type of energy that I'm putting in. It's interesting that as I make this transition that I find myself pushing away some of the people I care about and as I struggle to stay connected and yet still manage to stay principled and unyielding to fall into their mindset or the toxicity of some of the environments around me, I can't help but to find myself greatly affected by all of this. It isn't that I'm walking around like a big gaping wound or anything, but I find it definitely very hard to heal by constantly finding myself around some of the people, namely family members that I've been involved and invested in. Especially without the support or encouragement of other people. But I know that I have always aspired to be the type of person who has the strength and resolve not to sit idly by and allow other people to inflict abuse upon others within my presence or upon my space and I have done a hell of a job under the circumstances, well really period. But I'm ready to take a break from that and concentrate on what is really important. I may not be able to save the world, but at least if I take a break for a while to better equip myself to build the machines that can be utilized to make some of these changes and improve our situations in the future than, sign me up.

I figure people must be worried about what's been happening after this most recent disaster that I noted on my other site. I've been holding up pretty well, but definitely not unaffected by it. Thankfully, I've had work to distract me and keep me in good spirits and a really good session the other night. It's going to take me a lot more before I can emotionally get back to 100%, but I think a little bit of spiritual rejuvenation in the presence of those running the liberation movement should put me back in good spirits soon.

I should be getting my class schedule in the mail soon. My little brother told me that we have a class together which is cute. But bro, I'm warning you. I have a spot staked out in the 2nd row, so if you plan on goofing off, don't sit by me, because I'm going to freaking learn and I can't have you disrupting my pattern of growing.

0 comments:


BBC World Service | Home