Monday, October 20, 2008

Rocking out the good grades


So the darndest thing happened. I got my midterm grades back and I got one B..... and the rest were A's. I don't know what that means. I've been goofing off a lot. Well really I've been overwhelmed sort of with my work load and down on myself for not managing my time better, but evidently all of that paranoia is paying off.
But then again, something else happened. My workload like tripled. Oh, no!!! Now I have to really apply myself. That means no more extended meals, no more FACEBOOK, well at least not for as long a period of time anyway. I spent the weekend doing some inner work and trying to get caught up, but really I've been stressing myself out unnecessarily in the wrong areas. I'm going to have to work on that.
I did get some good poetry written last week. I was kind of proud of that. But we had an internet outage over the weekend and some things didn't get done and while you think that I would've been much more productive being forced to separate myself from the technology, it was quite the opposite. I did get to play the drum though for a gig, although I may have directly blacklisted myself from any further engagements after the fact with a little social faux pas that I made later when I was leaving the music building. We'd have to discuss that at some other time. Plus some of the boys have been distracting and I've been wrestling with the idea of coming across as some sad old cougar, so I've been hiding myself in my circle of friends to make sure that I don't make any innappropriate decisions regarding them and that's worked pretty well. I think I've pretty much worked all of those hormones out of my system with a little bit of chi harnessing. It's amazing how putting things into a more zen perspective can totally alter your state of mind. Now I just need to let go of this catharsis and get back to work.
I just thought I'd update those of you who were concerned and hadn't heard from me in a while. Some of my friends aren't doing so well. But now I don't feel so guilty about alienating myself from them this past couple of weeks to get some work done. I really could use some new tunes (indie and neo soul) so that I can have more incentive to focus. A really good friend of mine, who will probably end up as our valedictorian sent me a playlist today to cheer me up, which was really sweet. I love the people with whom I've chosen to associate. I really hope they all are here with me for the duration. That being said, let me do my part to make sure that I get to stay here.
"If a man devotes himself to the instructions of his own unconscious, it can bestow this gift [of renewal], so that suddenly life, which has been stale and dull, turns into a rich unending inner adventure, full of creative possibilities."
-- Marie-Louise von Franz

0 comments:


BBC World Service | Home